Saturday, August 24, 2013

"Finished" project photos first!



Kind of going in reverse now with the blog postings. These are photos from my first stay at the completed house in July, 2013. A little different from my initial plans. No furniture, no boat, no tools yet. No outside color scheme chosen yet except for light gray at front door gable. No lift at dock.  Lots of construction trash, old stumps and wind-blown debris to clean up outside. I will follow this (finally) with some posts describing the construction, destruction and reconstruction process. I am only now able to revisit those photos and videos so just putting them together now.

I have realized that this house will never be a "finished" project. Based on my own experience and watching my fellow Lubberite 2nd home owners.... it a is a perpetual, enthralling, challenging and interesting endeavour to build and maintain a home in the Abacos. A lot of fun and pioneer camaraderie pervades the whole atmosphere on Lubbers Quarters Cay and I am appreciative of the advice and encouragement I have received from all!

As traumatic as it was to lose almost everything with hurricane Sandy..... seeing the final result is all I am focused on in this post!! Now I can walk out my back door and bonefish on the west side flat. That is enough for me right now and something that I am still stupefied and in wonder that it has ever happened.

No comments: