Monday, March 5, 2012





 I have just returned from 2 weeks of chasing the paperwork in Abaco and also having a great time. I finally have approved plans! After 7 revisions (usually reducing something in size), and 9 months from submission to approval. Excellent help was provided by Marjorie Chapman in Hopetown at the administration building. It was a very smooth process to pay the permit fee of $150.00 and pick up our 2 stamped copies of the plans.

This was an amazing and exhausting trip...... I feel like I enjoyed everything Abaco has to offer. Snorkeling, kayaking, socializing, bonefishing, trolling for tuna and mahi, dining out, beach combing, boating, watching the sunrises and sunsets ....  but also savored the many hours of quiet and isolation.

Combining business with pleasure makes for a frenetic and busy vacation. I also managed to purchase and pick-up a kayak in Marsh Harbour with the help of some dear friends.

Attached are a couple of photos from the trip. More to follow. The next step is to arrange the construction of the small concrete wall for placement of electric service tap and meter so I can have power at the construction site...... back on Lubbers again in April to sort this out and get a final price from builder. I stayed at Pineapple Pointe on Lubbers Quarters Cay as usual and the house was ideal. The neighbors at Abaco Ocean Club on the south end of Lubbers are a congenial and hilarious group.


I had a wonderful time.

No comments: